Big Thank You to Walter Mitty

Friday, January 17, 2014


I am so stoked on life.

This past week, I went to the movies on $6-but-previously-$5-Tuesday and saw the Secret Life of Walter Mitty with one of my friends. I'm all about movies that are inspiring and I was actually tipped off via Twitter that this movie would make me want to live my life a little more fully than I actually do. The plot follows Walter Mitty, an adult who has fallen victim to monotony, through travels he has to make in order to find a picture that's gone missing at work. He is forced out of his comfort zone and is actually living his life, whereas before he was just going through the motions.

As you can tell, I was not born to write movie reviews-- however, my point is that I walked out of the movie so excited to be alive.

Fast forward to that same night, I was flipping through the pages of ThoughtCatalog and came across this gem:


Excuse me for a minute while I pick my jaw off of the floor and enjoy this next adrenaline rush while keeping in mind that these people snowboard for a living:


LIKE WHAT. I'm so happy that the individuals in the previous video get paid to do what they love. I mean, that has to be the secret to life right there-- doing what you love. Anyways, I digress. It is safe to say I am craving adventure but not in a 'oh my gosh, I am craving adventure but probably won't get the time to do so until 3 months from now blah blah.' No- no excuses this time. A favorite adventure of mine in the past included buying a ticket to fly across the country to explore North Carolina with a friend and tomorrow, a new favorite adventure is to be made when I jump out of a plane at 9,000 feet. I can't wait!

"Adventure may hurt you, but monotony will kill you."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

square. All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger